As well as preplanning, you might consider paying towards your funeral now*. This may help ease the financial burden for your family later.
Any monies prepaid are held in trust for you or your nominee by the Funeral Directors Association of New Zealand or the Public Trust Funeral Trust.
- Tilton Opie & Pattinson Funerals gives you the security of dealing with one of New Zealand’s leading national funeral services provider.
- Under current Government policy, prearranged and prepaid funeral options up to $10,000 are excluded from asset testing when assessing subsidy eligibility in long-term residential care for the elderly.
- Make decisions about your own funeral in your own time and contribute towards the cost of the funeral now.
- You will have peace of mind because your affairs will be in order.
- It won’t affect your pension or other entitlements, and may even help you obtain a pension or part pension.
*An estimate cost for the funeral you want can be given, however this figure is not price fixed and is subject to inflation.